WASHINGTON, DC–(Marketwire -08/28/12)-
Cisco (CSCO) — Nearly 4 in 5 expected U.S. electorate trust it is vicious for technologies such as video calling to work together to assistance emanate jobs, foster creation and broach vicious advantages in remote health care, education, business and other services, according to a newly-released survey. In fact, during slightest two-thirds of Democrats and Republicans comparison trust that some-more jobs will outcome from open video pursuit — for instance, dialing a certain series to strech someone on any video complement — than if consumers and businesses are forced to rest on sealed systems that can usually speak to one another.
In a consult of some-more than 1,000 expected U.S. electorate conducted on interest of Cisco by Purple Insights, a multiplication of Purple Strategies, 89 percent felt that a ability of dual inclination or programs done by opposite companies to promulgate with one another — famous as interoperability — was privately vicious to them, with roughly half indicating such communication is intensely vicious to their use of inclination during home or during work. Of respondents, 77 percent wish video pursuit to be as easy as creation a phone call is today.
The use of video by consumers, supervision and business is flourishing during a towering rate. According to a Cisco Visual Networking Index, in only 3 years, one million video mins (the homogeneous of 674 days) will span a Internet any second. Use of video pursuit services is also increasing. For instance, on Feb 27th of this year, Skype reported that 34 million people were regulating a use during one time.
As video partnership becomes increasingly mainstream, mixed vendors will have to work together to capacitate tellurian scale and extended patron choice like consumers have currently with phone, Internet and email. Currently, not all video pursuit technologies work together. Cisco’s TelePresence® and many other video communications products bond regulating a same standards-based “language.” Unfortunately, one of a many renouned consumer video pursuit services, Microsoft’s Skype, relies on exclusive standards, that hinders Skype’s some-more than 600 million users from pursuit non-Skype users, and prevents businesses from reaching them around systems that offer services such as health caring and pursuit training by remote video.
Cisco is a clever disciple of video communications regulating underlying technologies formed on open standards concluded on by convincing standards bodies open to all meddlesome attention participants, a horizon that has been used successfully to emanate a standards that underlie a Internet, email and voice calling. With this approach, anyone who adopts an open customary is positive of simple interoperability that is not tranquil by any singular blurb vendor.
Key Highlights of Survey
- 87 percent of respondents wish companies to determine to a common customary for video pursuit so that programs will work together
- 77 percent trust that video pursuit should be as easy as creation a phone call
- Two-thirds, regardless of celebration affiliation, trust some-more jobs and creation will be combined with open and interoperable video
- 83 percent (67 percent strongly) wish Skype to be interoperable with other video technologies
- 63 percent determine that creation is how companies grow, how new companies start and how prices are kept down. If one company, such as Skype, controls a infancy of a video pursuit marketplace and does not make a product interoperable, respondents trust that will cut off innovation, negligence a expansion of record jobs and augmenting prices.
- Purple Insights, a multiplication of Purple Strategies, conducted 1008 write interviews national of expected electorate in a 2012 ubiquitous choosing for boss from Aug 8 – 15, 2012. 755 interviews were conducted with respondents around landlines; 253 interviews were conducted with respondents on their dungeon phones. Margin of blunder for this investigate is +/- 3.1%
Marthin De Beer, Senior Vice President, Cisco Video Collaboration Group:
“Video is a many enchanting middle and a use in any aspect of a lives is flourishing exponentially. Consumers and business users comparison currently are perfectionist that video communications solutions work together and that creation a video call be as seamless and easy as creation a phone call. This is about leisure of choice, and we a record attention contingency convene around open standards, as we did so effectively with write service, a Internet and email. Only with a truly open video village will we entirely reap a mercantile and amicable advantages of this transformational technology.”
Purple Strategies partners, Alex Castellanos and Steve McMahon, jointly noted:
“As a Republican and as a Democrat, we any trust — and it is transparent from Purple’s information — that all ends of a domestic spectrum wish to be means to promulgate as openly as possible. Whether they use video during home or during work, they know that’s where a universe is headed and they don’t wish to be scheduled for a video-to-video pursuit talk and have all go wrong. We consider it’s transparent to people that video communication is or will shortly be a ‘must have,’ not a ‘nice to have.’”
- Watch a video on because interoperability is vicious
- Share your support for an open video village
- Learn some-more about Cisco’s vision for open standards in video
- Read a blog on standards-based interoperability
- View an infographic on business leaders’ thoughts on in-person / video meetings
Tags / Keywords:
Cisco, video, video calling, interoperability, attention standards, TelePresence, Skype
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
About Cisco Systems
Cisco (CSCO) is a worldwide personality in networking that transforms how people connect, promulgate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found during http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, greatfully go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Cisco and a Cisco trademark are trademarks or purebred trademarks of Cisco and/or a affiliates in a U.S. and other countries. A inventory of Cisco’s trademarks can be found during www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are a skill of their particular owners. The use of a word partner does not indicate a partnership attribute between Cisco and any other company.
Jennifer Greeson Dunn